Sign up for The Triple Point™
Discover insightful discussions with experts, thought provoking content, and practical business insights for leaders and innovators at the intersection of weather & climate, technology and society.
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Host: Ryan Harris
Guest: TC Moore (Owner of Atlantic States Weather) and Dan Schreiber (CCM at J.S. Held)
Description: Billions of dollars in insurance and personal injury litigation cases get settled every year in the U.S. In some of these cases, the weather can become a significant factor in proving or disproving damage, negligence, or possibly even fault. In such cases, companies, lawyers, the insurance industry, or courts seek the expert advice of an American Meteorological Society Certified Consulting Meteorologist. CCMs TC Moore and Dan Schreiber come on the show to discuss the CCM process and describe interesting and informative examples of how important forensic weather information can provide in these cases. As weather-fueled events like the recent Maui wildfires continue, the need for honest, unbiased, and professional weather knowledge from qualified CCMs will always be valuable. And it pays (literally) when agencies can proactively reach out to the CCM community ahead of time in the insurance and litigation process. LISTEN HERE
- Maui fire will reshape Hawaii Electric (Honolulu Star Advertiser)
- Atlantic hurricane season shifts into high gear (AL.com)
- “We’re not built for this.” Tropical Storm Hilary batters California (CNN)
- Tropical Storm Harold plows through Texas (KCRA NBC News)
- Florida faces significant hurricane threat as Tropical Storm Idalia forms (WaPo)
- J.S. Held
- Atlantic States Weather Inc.
- Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow (CoCoRaHS) Network
- Association of Certified Meteorologists
- Gibson Ridge Radar App
- NOAA Weather Climate Toolkit
- Iowa State University Environmental Mesonet
- NOAA Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN)
- Tempest WeatherFlow
- Weather in the line of fire with Alex Hoon: Part I | Part II (Triple Point™)
- Hurricane Ian: a perfect psychological storm (Triple Point™)
- Hunting Hurricanes with Kyle Larson and Jeremy DeHart (Triple Point™)
- American Meteorological Society Certified Consulting Meteorologist Program
Journey into Consulting Meteorology
What is Forensic Weather and a Certified Consulting Meteorologist (CCM) and what does it take to be one?
Managing and communicating weather uncertainty in the courtroom
Case studies in forensic weather cases
Integrity of unbiased meteorological advice
Data and tools used in forensic weather consulting