Sign up for The Triple Point™
Discover insightful discussions with experts, thought provoking content, and practical business insights for leaders and innovators at the intersection of weather & climate, technology and society.
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Host: Jeff Cunningham and Ryan Harris
Guest: Paul Walsh, CEO of Meteomatics N.A.
Description: “There’s an amazing amount of unclaimed value in businesses bringing in weather and climate data.” That’s from Paul Walsh, CEO of Meteomatics N.A. and our most recent guest on the Triple Point™. In order to create repeatable business revenue with weather and climate data, Paul also shares his recipe for success that has helped him throughout his fruitful weather business career: Know the weather, Make it actionable with the right analytics, and (most importantly) Integrate it into existing business decision systems. Finally, we also learn how a vertically-integrated company like Meteomatics creates digital resilience and uses its data and api platform, high-resolution weather modeling, and unique vertical sounder (the Meteodrone) to create value for a wide array of businesses. LISTEN HERE
- Earth’s hottest August on record followed record-breaking June and July (NY Times)
- Behind Libya’s dam catastrophe lies a long trail of conflict and corruption (WSJ)
- Will 2023 break more heat records? Global Temperature Timeseries (NOAA)
- Ep 19 - Air Quality with Eric Klos from Daily Breath (Triple Point™)
- Ep 24 - Commercial Weather Modeling and Services with Brent Shaw (Triple Point™)
- Ep 27 - Weather Modification and Geoengineering (Triple Point™)
- Meteomatics Inc.
- NOAA Climate Prediction Center Outlooks: Temperature | Precipitation | Seasonal
- Some Politicians Want to Research Geoengineering as a Climate Solution. Scientists Are Worried (Time Magazine)
- “First Look Inside an Active pyroCb: FIREX-AQ Study Probes Development of a Wildfire-Driven Thunderstorm” (BAMS)
A Military Weather Background Provides a Solid Foundation
Translating Weather Data Into Value and Annual Recurring Revenue: Make it Actionable
Assess the Weather, Tie with Impact Analytics, Integrate into Business Systems
Creating Digital Resilience
A "Scale-Up" Weather Analytics Firm
Vertical Weather Integration: MeteoDrone Sensing, User-Ready Data Cache, Modeling
"Breaking into Businesses" to Deliver Weather Intelligence
"There's an amazing amount of unclaimed value (using weather data) in the business world."
Small Business Starts in Weather